Here’s a recipe for Wilted Spinach & Mushroom Lasagne:
- 9 lasagne noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz fresh spinach, washed and wilted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the lasagne noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue cooking until they release their moisture and are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Add the wilted spinach to the sauce and stir to combine.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a layer of the spinach and mushroom mixture.
- Add a layer of lasagne noodles on top of the mixture.
- Spread a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the noodles.
- Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.