Venison and plum pie is a traditional English dish that typically consists of venison meat and fresh plums baked inside a pastry crust. Here is a simple recipe that you can use to make your own venison and plum pie:
- 500g venison meat, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 500ml beef stock
- 250g fresh plums, pitted and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Add the diced venison and brown on all sides.
- Add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until softened.
- Add the dried thyme, ground cinnamon, and ground ginger to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the sliced plums to the skillet and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Return the venison meat to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer the venison and plum mixture to a pie dish.
- Cover the pie dish with a sheet of puff pastry and tuck in the edges to seal the filling inside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a few slits in the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious venison and plum pie!