Sliced Bread – 3 slices
Peeled Cooked Cocktail Prawns – 200g
Pickled Ginger – 3 slices (grated fresh ginger also works)
Garlic – 1 clove
Egg White – 1
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Sesame Seed Oil – 1tsp
Sesame Seeds – 4 tbsp
Olive Oil – 4 tbsp
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic. In a mixing bowl, add the prawns, ginger, egg white, cornflour, garlic and sesame seed oil. Using a hand blender, blend into a smooth paste, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly toast the bread in a toaster until just crispy but not browned. Evenly spread a layer of the prawn paste over the bread. This recipe should produce enough paste to have a nice thick layer of roughly 1/2 cm deep of prawn paste over the bread.
3. On a flat surface pour the sesame seeds onto a plate so that they cover the plate, and one slice at a time press the pasted side of the bread into the sesame seeds to cover each slice completely.
4. In a non-stick frying pan heat the olive oil to a medium heat, and fry each slice for roughly 3 minutes each side, or until lightly browned.
5. Finally, cut each slice into quarters before serving with some sweet chilli sauce and prawn crackers.